Saturday, August 2, 2008

Busy Weekend!

We had a fabulous weekend. It was incredibly busy!! This weekend was Jackie's birthday. We had a fabulous party with family and friends. It's amazing how God blesses us in little ways. For me, August 3 would have been a terribly sad day, but God replaced that and gave me something to celebrate instead. I baked my first German Chocolate cake. I don't like chocolate cake, but I have to say, it was yummy! We called it the "Earthquake Cake." I didn't get the top layer flat, so when I put the candles on the cake, it split the cake. Jackie was a great sport when everyone was teasing him that it was because there were too many candles on it.

Thank you family and friends for sharing this special day with us. Jackie, thanks for letting us share this day and celebrate with you. God, thank you so much for blessing this world with such an amazing man. I've never known someone who trusts you so completly. I want to be more like him everyday!




This is Taylor helping Jackie open his new golf/pool game. How do you play? We have no idea, but it looks really neat!!


This is our dear friend Danielle. She is the most prayerful, spirit-filled woman. If you are ever down, spend one minute with this lady and she can cheer you up. She reminds me to keep looking to the positive. She's an amazing friend to our family!


This is our favorite singer, Andy. Come listen to him play all over town. Our favorite place is Thursdays at Leal's. Another amazing man. He's got so many talents and uses them so well. This man is truly gifted. I'm still waiting for my Andy Cundiff original painting!!


Tonight we had our first playdate at our house. Taylor sees lots of kids at daycare, and we go to Xavier's house to play some. Tonight, he came to our house. They were so cute! It was a lot of fun. I thought one toddler made a mess, try having two! Tornadoes have nothing on these two! Come back Xavier and play again!

I took this picture upside down. But I just love Taylor's expression. She seems so deep in thought. She has gorgeous eyes. This picture shows them off. Look at those eyelashes. SO BEAUTIFUL!!

She loves these swim floaties, more on that later.




This has to be the best picture I have ever snapped of her. She is gorgeous here. I love her smile, and look at her teeth! She has such personality, and is such a good little girl. She minds so well, and is so friendly. I couldn't ask for a better behaved little one!!


I can't remember the last time my dad and I took a picture together. I actually like this one too! I have great parents. I pray that I can do for Taylor what they do for me! I see a lot of my dad in this picture, I see a lot of mom in me too. You know I wasn't adopted for sure!!


Taylor loves shoes! She wants to wear Mommy's around the house. It cracks me up. You should see her walk. Look at her pretty pink toenails!



Have I mentioned that Taylor LOVES the water? I think I have in every post. This week a very nice lady from work gave us some floaties for Taylor. Taylor has a float that she can sit in and float around, but these are the ones that you blow up and put around her arms. At first, she didn't like them. But once we got in the water, she loved them! She started kicking her legs and almost swimming all on her own! I was SO excited. It was so cute. These other people in the pool had a beach ball. So she would hit it and then we'd kinda give her a little push and she could get the ball all on her own. Then she would sit on the steps and say, "one, two, three," then jump to me. She's getting so big!!



This morning when she got up she wanted to put the floaties on again. She is sitting next to me with them on. It's funny! I just put them on her forearms, so she has a hard time climbing up on things like she usually does.



Jackie got this little chair that's just her size. She loves it. The only problem is she wants to sit right in front of the TV. I always move her chair back, but then she picks it up and moves it right in front of the TV.

1 comment:

The Skipper Family in Azle said...

We miss you so much. I am looking forward to seeing you in a month. I love all the cute pictures of taylor. Hopefully I will be able to work on adding pictures of mr. Cole and emma this weekend!